levels of education
KFU offers a wide range of educational programs at different levels.
- Degree programs (Tertiary education)
- Bachelor’s degree programs – 4 years (with pre-university training – 5 years).
- Master’s degree programs – 2 years (with pre-university training – 3 years).
- Specialist diploma programs – 5(6) years (with pre-university training – 6-7 years)
- Doctoral programs – 3 years (with pre-university training – 4 years).
- Double degree programs at Bachelor, Master and Doctoral levels. Period of study depends on respective “Double diploma” agreements.
- Non-degree programs (for visiting students): from 1 month to 1 year.
- Internships (Individual Research Training): from 1 week to 1 year.
- Language courses. Duration of study is from1 month to year.
- Individual classes and consultancy: from 1 week to 1 year.
- Summer Schools (Pre-semester language course): 1 month.
- Advanced training and retraining of the university staff: from 1 week to 1 year.
- Preparatory School for international students. Duration of study – 1 year.
Qualifications at the same level sometimes cover different amounts of the same subject.
Most qualifications have a difficulty level. The higher the level, the more difficult the qualification is.
Research shows that when students are engaged and in a safe supportive learning environment, they have better outcomes. Conversely, current data also suggests that violence, bullying, and other problems that take place in our schools, college campuses, and communities disrupt the classroom and create a hostile learning environment that poorly affects academic achievement.
No matter the education level– from Pre-K to higher education –students need safe supportive learning environments to succeed.